There are many of creative ways to use garage doors. Especially glass ones. Glass garage doors have become much more common in residential applications. Typically, the doors are constructed in a paneled design with a grid pattern separating the panes of glass. The grids can be fabricated from wood or metal, similar to window frames. Glass garage doors are designed to be strong and tamper-resistant, with several opacity options from which to choose, including clear, frosted and tinted colors. Glass garage doors are also solar treatments that encourage thermal heat gain.
Installing Glass Garage Doors In Unconventional Spaces
Glass is the preferred material for those converting garages into rooms or studios, and certainly for those installing garage doors in unconventional spaces because of their clean, modern aesthetic and the fact that they act as an enormous window when closed, bringing in all kinds of natural light.
Traditional Shed Traditional Garage And Shed
Glass Garage Doors For Interior Use
Glass Garage Doors Inspiring Indoor and Outdoor Spaces. Or as one costumer told us :”If I had it my way, my whole house would be made of these doors”.
Glass Garage Doors Open Up Interior Spaces – Using a remote control, the glass door opens overhead allowing traffic to flow during gatherings. Closed, it creates an attractive wall of windows, adding a panoramic view to any living space.
Contemporary glass garage doors are becoming a growing alternative to traditional “hinged” patio doors as architects, contractors and interior designers look for new ways to seamlessly merge indoor and let the outdoor come into the living spaces. This type of garage doors is very versatile and can be used for a variety of projects and this is why these doors are so versatile and popular.
Part of the solution is to avoid the problem.
To function effectively, garage doors rely on torsion or extension springs, which are wound very tightly to generate enough tension on the door to make it lift. Most modern doors possess safety mechanisms to keep a snapping spring from flying free and causing injury. That said, these don’t mitigate every risk. If you attempt to repair a malfunctioning door, you could put yourself in harm’s way. Conventional garage doors also have bottom brackets, which are under extreme tension. If someone deliberately or accidentally loosens one of these brackets, serious injury may occur.
A professional garage door service can help you side-step serious problems by providing experienced service you can count on.
Sometimes homeowners don’t realize their garage doors is not functioning the right way until there is a problem.
Most problems can be avoided by regular Garage Door Inspection.
Garage Door Inspection
Garage Door Check Includes:
Garage Door Balance
Cables – checking for frays and wear
Overall Garage Door Condition
During an inspection, we’ll perform a safety checklist:
- Adjust spring and secure it.
- Hinges for splits, cracks and wear.
- Ensure that bolts and screws are secure.
- Visually inspect springs, looking for problems and signs of wear.
- Evaluate the force setting or sensitivity of the garage door opener to ensure that it’s safe and functioning properly.
- Lubricate all moving parts according to the manufacturer’s precise specifications.
Garage Door Inspection
- Inspect the roller wheels to look for excessive wear or noise.
- Inspect the tracks and adjust the spacing and alignment if necessary.
- Inspect pulleys on extension spring doors and cable drums on torsion spring doors.
- Inspect the bottom brackets looking for rust and excessive wear.
Long Island Garage Door with Great Services:
- 24/7 Emergency Response
- Same Day Repair
- Torsion Spring Replacement
- Garage Door Tune-up and Inspection
- Repair of Existing Openers
- Repair Off-Track Doors
- Repair Sagging Doors
- Panel Replacement
- Roller Replacement
- Sectional Replacement
- Cable Replacement
- Garage Door Maintenance
- Weather Seals – Top, Sides and Bottom
Answering any question about gate repair or installation with patient and respect.
Which type of door should you specify? Select the garage door type that best fits your project needs by using this helpful guide by Door Repair NYC-Garage Door Services.
Sectional Doors – Commercial sectional garage doors are appropriate when thermal efficiency and security are a concern, where window space is desired for light or visibility, or simply for aesthetic reasons. Sectional garage doors also operate quietly and generate little noise in windy applications. They require significant backroom or headroom, depending on the application. The Raynor family of steel sectional garage doors includes thermal, ribbed, rail and stile, and raised panel doors. Raynor sectional products are a perfect fit for commercial and industrial loading dock door applications.
Rolling Doors – Door Repair NYC technitions are appropriate in demanding environments requiring maximum durability and security. Because of minimal backroom, headroom and sideroom requirements, rolling doors are able to fit in tight spaces not appropriate for sectional doors. Constructed of interlocking slats that wind around a barrel, the rolling door family includes service doors and counter shutters. Security grilles also fit into this category.
Fire Doors – Featuring some of the same construction characteristics as rolling doors, commercial fire doors are specified in facilities that require a listed fire door in a rated fire wall. Fire doors are normally provided with fusible links that automatically release to close the door at 165 F. Smoke and heat detectors or a building’s alarm system can also trigger the door’s descent. The fire door family includes both service doors and counter shutters.
Traffic Doors – Similar in construction to a rolling service door, traffic doors feature a high-strength fabric, rather than a metal, curtain. This allows for doors to achieve faster speeds when traveling, which make them ideal for high cycle applications. Also, if contact is made with the door forcing it out of its guides, it is easily replaced without a service call.
From commercial and industrial Rolling Doors and access systems to residential Garage Doors and Openers, our Garage Door Long Island door service combines quality, modern products with reliable service to consistently give home and business owners confidence and peace of mind.
Garage Door Long Island has been servicing customers in the area of Nassau and Suffolk County for many years. Our technicians are licensed and insured and have many years of experience in the garage door business and they are very knowladgable. Long Island Garage Door technicians specialize in garage installation, garage repair, garage replacement and garage hardware replacement. Our local garage door company in Suffolk, Long Island, NY provides the most efficient friendly customer service and provides durable garage repair and installations. Our around the clock emergency services is a phone call away!
Residential Overhead Garage Doors
Commercial Overhead Garage Doors
Carriage House Style Garage Doors
Access Systems for Home Garage Doors and Openers
Loading Dock Equipment
Quality, Dependable Products
Standard Residential Garage Doors
Well, normal garage doors measure 8 x 7 feet, 9 x 7 feet and 10 x 7 feet all around. This is for a normal home with a normal car, truck, SUV, or van parked inside. You should reconsider the specifications for your garage door if you have multiple vehicles, or a large vehicle to park inside. Garage door manufacturers brand names include: Clopay, Wayne-Dalton and Amarr. Click Here For more info on standard garage door sizes.
Garage Door Replacement Parts
Garage Door Parts and Garage Door Opener Parts including torsion and extension spring hardware, exhaust ports, weatherstripping, garage door seal and tracks.
Garage Door Part/Accessory Type
- Door Roller
- Extension Cable
- Extension Spring
- Lock Set
- Mounting Hardware
- Mounting Hardware Kits
- Operating Hardware
- Push Button
- Safety Sensor
New Garage Door Installation
Your garage door will look good and function smoothly for many years when it’s installed by a local professional.
Garage Door Repairs
- Door Spring Repair
- Opener Repair
- Motor Repair
- Cables Repair
- Paneles Replace
- Adjust Garage Door Panels
- Adjust Garage Door Spring
- Adjust Garage Door Cables
- Adjust Garage Door Opener
Maintenance and Safety Inspection
- Safety inspection and tune-up
- Make sure safety features are working
- Tip: Educate your kids on garage door safety
- Garage Door Lock
- Garage Door Sensors
- Vacation or Lock-Out Mode
- Remote Issue
The Door Repair NYC technicians do the most professional and neatest garage door installations fitted with all the hardware. We provide free estimates for new doors and garage door repair! Long Island Garage Door will install a brand new customized garage door down to the style, material, size, manufacturer and window inserts with an electronic garage door opener. Call today to 212-202-0491.
If you have a broken spring repair or need a garage door spring replacement, you can count on our service. The team at our Garage Door Repair company in Long Island is ready to fix and maintain your garage door.
Repairs for Garage Doors Includes:
- Broken garage door panel
- Broken springs
- Overhead doors
- Garage door openers
- Garage door installation
Established in 2005 as an independent contractor, Door Repair NYC begin with a few friends who enjoy repairing garage doors. Today, they still are our technical staff of installers in Long Island, NY, with the finest quality and old world craftsmanship available for: Garage Doors Electric Door, Garage Door Openings Door Installation and Maintenance Garage.
Garage Door Long Island Services:
- Garage door installation
- Garage door repair
- Section replacement
- Cable and roller replacement
- Bent track repair
- Garage door locks
- LiftMaster electric operators
- Conversion to high tracks
- Battery backup operators
- Smartphone hub operators
- Weather stripping and seal repair
- Replacement rubber stripping
Call us today 631-488-0666 for reliable, durable and smoothly functional garage do
Garage Door 25 Point Safety Inspection
Take a few minutes to inspect and test your complete garage door system. Make monthly inspections and testing a part of your regular routine. Safety is very important !
Do not attempt to repair or adjust springs yourself!
- Door Balance
- Safety Cables
- Center Bearing
- End Bearing Plate
- Hinge Arms
- Strut/ Truss Rod
- Spring Anchor
- Bottom Weather Seal
- Panel Condition
Garage Door Opener
- Control Panel/ Remotes/ Keyless Entry
- Boom/ Trolley
- Safety Eyes
- Motor/ Gear
- Safety Reverse/ Limit Switch
Never remove, adjust, or loosen the screws on the bottom brackets of the door. These brackets are connected to the spring system by the lift cable and are under extreme tension.
Garage Door Tips:
To protect your garage door from moisture related deterioration:
- Paint and repair all exposed wood
- Make sure to put weather stripping and that it is in good condition
- Keep water from collecting from the base of the door by clearing nearby drains and gutters of debris
- Correct any existing drainage problems
As a New Yorker, I have a long-term commitment to my customers and to my business. For the past 5 years here, I have learned to appreciate the comfort of suburban living, and want to make owning a business as easy as it is to live here.
To better serve our Long Island Garage Door we provide 24/7 costumer service. We specialize in residential garage doors and operators, as well as commercial rolling steel doors and operators.
Our knowledge of every area in New York City gives me the ability to understand the special needs of my customers. Call Suffolk Garage Door Long Island Automatic Garage Door Company for all of your garage door needs.
At Garage Door Long Island we are committed to providing the highest quality garage door installation and repair services. We have been successfully serving Long Island and the surrounding area commercially for over 5 years. Even if you live in suburban Nassau and Suffolk counties, you can count on us for quick and professional Garage Door/Iron Rolling Door services.
When it comes to installing and repairing garage doors and openers, Suffolk Garage Doors have an unbeatable team of professionals dedicated to making sure your installation project runs smoothly from start to finish. It’s all they do, every day, for thousands of customers each year.
Garage Door Installation
- Custom Installed Garage Doors
- Garage Door Opener Installation
WHAT TO EXPECT FROM YOUR GARAGE DOOR INSTALLATION
Design and Estimate Your Garage Door
- Call our garage door installation service at 212-202-0491
- Schedule an appointment with a Garage Door NYC technician at your home.
- Purchase Your Garage Door & Installation Service
Schedule Your Inspection & Installation
- One of our authorized installation professionals will call and schedule a pre-install inspection of your home to ensure your choice of garage door and accessories
- fit and inspect your garage for any conditions that may affect the installation. When your door is ready we’ll call to arrange delivery and installation on a day that’s convenient for you.
Installed By Professionals
- A licensed, professional installer will deliver and provide a quality installation of your garage door and accessories, including job site clean up and haul away of your old doors.
- Once the installation is complete, your installer will conduct a final walk-through of the installation and answer any questions you have about operation and maintenance.
WHAT TO EXPECT FROM YOUR GARAGE DOOR OPENER INSTALLATION
Select Your Garage Door Opener
- Browse our selection of brand name garage door openers. If you’re not sure which opener to choose, we can help you decide which garage door opener is right for you.
Choose Your Installation Service
- The Door Repair NYC offers two installation services to choose from: Premium and Standard. Each service offers a labor warranty, but only the Premium service includes a garage door operation tune up and a 2-year labor warranty.
Purchase Your Opener and Installation
- After you’ve selected your garage door opener and service, you can complete your purchase online or with one of our associates using The Home Depot Consumer Credit Card or another payment method of your choice.
Installed By Professionals
- A licensed, professional installer will provide a quality installation of your garage door opener, including job site clean up and haul away your old opener (for premium installs only).
Once the work is complete, your installer will conduct a final walk-through of the installation and answer any questions you have about operation and maintenance.
Professional Garage Door Installation
- Door Repair NYC professional installers specialize in garage door and garage door opener installation and repairs
- Conveniently begin your process from the comfort of your own home
- Different styles of garage doors and accessories making it easier to match the look of your home
- Top selection of garage door openers with premium and basic installation options
- Repairs on all major brands of garage doors and openers with most repairs completed in the first visit
- Industry-leading installation standards that consistently earn high customer ratings